Friday, May 13, 2011

The Denim Rug

I love the idea of upcycling and repurposing.  There is just something so fun about taking something old and making it new.  Last summer, I made this:

It took seven pairs of old jeans - all generously donated by some friends - and a Q hook.  It is the rug we use in the back foyer, but I have been wanting to change it for quite some time.  After I made it, I really wished that I had made it rectangular, instead of oval.  So, in January, I posted a plea for old jeans on Facebook, with plans of making a rectangular rug.  This is what I got:

Yup, eight pairs of old jeans from friends and family.  I was so excited to get started right away, but somehow wasn't able to until, finally, last night.  So far, I have cut up and crocheted two pairs from this stack of jeans and it's looking great!  It should be finished in the next week or two.

Now...what am I going to do with the oval rug???  

Edit: Go to this post for the denim rug tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment